Happy Sunday! I took a few weeks off from blogging after what happened in Las Vegas. I did attend the 3 day festival, and am saddened at what it became. It was a beautiful weekend until the horrible tragedy. Before getting to today’s recipe I just wanted to say thank you to all the first responders, LVMPD, and the selfless heroes who put their lives on the line to help others. I seen the city of Las Vegas come together to help the victims. This city, survivors, and the victims families still have a long road of healing to follow. If you can, donate to the gofundme set up by the Clark county commissioner or donate blood, anything helps!
Okay, so after having a weekend full of studying and this cooler weather here (75 degrees is cold to me now lol) I wanted to make my easy chili recipe! But, I ended up added sweet potatoes in place of beef and it turned out amazing! So give this a try 😊
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons red onion, diced
- 15oz can kidney beans
- 15oz can pinto beans
- 15oz can black beans
- 4oz tomato sauce
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 2 sweet potatoes, diced
- 1 cup water
- 4 tablespoons chili seasoning
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees, lightly grease a baking sheet. Place diced sweet potatoes on baking sheet and bake 20-25 minutes.
- In the meantime, in a large pot add garlic and onion and cook until lightly brown. Add beans, seasoning, corn, and water. Bring to a boil.
- Turn heat down and simmer 20 minutes.
- Add cooked sweet potatoes and simmer 5 minutes
- Too with your favorite toppings and enjoy 😊
Click the ‘follow’ button in the lower right hand corner of this page to receive updates on my posts.
Also, don’t forget to follow me twitter, Instagram, and Facebook.