Happy Sunday! It’s finally summer!! This past semester was a tough one which left little time for blogging. But, I’m back! First recipe of the summer is a strawberry and toasted pecan salad. It’s refreshing and perfect for those summer cookouts.
- 1/4 cup strawberries, sliced
- 1 1/2 cup of kale, make sure to massage it! This is an important step and helps to breakdown the tough cell structure and makes it softer!
- 1/4 cup pecans
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Feta cheese
- Balsamic vinegar dressing (homemade or store bought)
- In a small pan heat butter and toast pecans until golden brown. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl add kale and drizzle with balsamic vinegar.
- Plate kale and add strawberries, pecans, and crumbled feta.
- Serve and enjoy!
Click the “follow” button in the lower right hand corner of this page to receive updates on my recipes!