Meal prepping is a good way to stay on track with eating. Chicken is usually the easiest to meal prep for the week as you can make multiple types on one sheet pan or grill. One of my favorite flavors is teriyaki chicken. But, that store bought teriyaki sauce is full of processed junk. Did you know how easy it is to make your own teriyaki sauce?! This recipe is perfect to add to your meal prepping rotation!
- 1 lb. Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast, sliced into strips
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch mixed with 3 tablespoons water
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup liquid aminos
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/2 tablespoon minced ginger
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 2 zucchini, sliced
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup mayo
- 3 tablespoons sriracha
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 100% whole wheat tortillas.
- In a small pot over medium high heat, add water, liquid aminos, garlic, ginger, honey, vinegar, and sesame seeds. Bring to a boil.
- When it begins to boil (bubble) add cornstarch mixture and stir continuously for 5 minutes. Let sit until sauce begins to thicken, about 10 minutes. Let cool.
- Add sliced chicken into a ziplock bag and pour cooled sauce over. Marinate 1 hour.
- Preheat a grill pan over medium high heat. Lightly grease with coconut oil. Place chicken on grill and cook 4 min per side or until fully cooked. Set aside.
- Grill zucchini slices 4-5 minutes per side. Season with salt & pepper.
- In the meantime, combine mayo, sriracha and lemon juice until well mixed.
- Add arugula to tortilla and top with chicken, onion, and zucchini. Drizzle with lemon Aioli and wrap.
Click the follow button in the lower right hand corner of this page to receive updates on my posts!