Happy Wednesday! I feel like I’m always saying how hot it is but…it’s so hot. It’s monsoon season here so it’s more humid than normal. Today I’d thought I’d share my favorite quick breakfast (or perfect snack to cool off). This smoothie bowl is made with fruits high in antioxidants, which helps protect your cells against free radicals in your body. Antioxidants are known to improve your heart health, skin, and immune system. Incorporating more antioxidants in your diet can improve your overall health!
- 1/4 cup frozen pomegranate seeds
- 1/3 cup frozen strawberries
- 1/3 cup frozen blueberries and raspberries
- 1/4 cup frozen dark sweet cherries
- 4 oz. unsweetened almond milk
- 4 oz. 100% Apple juice (not from concentrate, unfiltered, and no sugar added!)
- *Or 1 & 1/4 cup of frozen antioxidant fruit
- Fresh strawberries
- Fresh blueberries
- Fresh banana
- Unsweetened coconut
- Add all frozen ingredients and liquids to a blender and blender until smooth.
- Pour smoothie in a bowl and sprinkle granola on top (this helps the fresh fruit not to sink), top with fresh banana slices, strawberries, and blueberries. Sprinkle more granola and coconut on top. Drizzle honey over.
Click the follow button in the lower right hand corner of this page to receive updates on my posts!