Happy Sunday! It’s beautiful out today! I went to target this morning to check out the new collection by Chip & Joanna Gaines. It was hard to control myself, but I ended up leaving with just a few things.
The weather is starting to get a little colder, I’m sure it will be back in the 80’s in a few days. So today, before it warms up again, I made a veggie soup with garlic butter crostinis to top. The crostini added a nice texture to the soup. It’s a very simple recipe with a lot of flavor.
- 5 russet potatoes, diced
- 1 medium white onion, chopped
- 5 cloves of garlic, finely chopped (half for soup and half for crostini)
- (2) 32 oz Vegetable broth
- 2 cans white beans
- 2 zucchini, chopped
- 3 cups kale
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 loaf of French bread
- 4 tablespoons garlic powder
- 4 tablespoons onion powder
- 6 tablespoons dried Italian seasoning
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- In a large cooking pot, over medium high heat add 2 tablespoons olive oil and onions. Cook 3-5 minutes and add 2 tablespoons garlic. Cook an additional 2 minutes.
- Add broth, potatoes, seasoning, beans, and zucchini. Bring to a boil, cover and cook for 30 minutes.
- In the meantime, cut bread into desired size. Melt butter and add 3 tablespoons of chopped garlic as well as 2 tablespoons Italian seasoning, mix until well combined. Place bread on a cooking sheet and brush butter onto bread and place into oven. Broil 5 minutes and then flip and brush butter mixture onto the other side. Broil for an addition 5-7 or until golden brown.
- Add kale to soup and cook an additional 5-10 minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve soup and top with crostini.
Click the “follow” button in the lower right hand corner to revive updates on my posts.