I’ve been making this dish for awhile and my husband keeps telling me I need to post the recipe. So, I’m finally going to do so! I consider this one of my “lazy” recipes since it’s so easy to make. We love jalapeños and especially jalapeño poppers, so awhile ago I started stuffing my chicken with the jalapeño popper mixture. Best. Idea. Ever. It’s an easy way to spice up your normal chicken dish!
- 4 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 8oz of Cream Cheese at room temp
- 4-5 Jalapeños, or more if desired (fresh or pickled) seeded and diced
- 4 tablespoons of pickled jalapeño juice
- 3 eggs, light beaten
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 cups Italian bread crumbs
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 415 degrees, lightly grease a baking sheet.
- In a medium bowl mix together cream cheese, jalapeños, and jalapeño juice until well combined.
- Butterfly chicken, spoon mixture into chicken (be careful not to put too much or when you cook it will all melt out).
- After stuffing the chicken with the jalapeño mixture coat in flour, followed by the egg wash, and then into the bread crumbs. Repeat for each chicken breasts.
- Place on a baking sheet and bake 20-25 minutes or until chicken is fully cooked. Let chicken rest for 5 minutes before serving.