It’s Monday so you know what that means! Meatless Monday 🙂 My husband is a meat eater and would probably eat steak everyday for the rest of his life if I’d let him! 😉 But, once a week I get him to jump on the veggie eating bandwagon with me and take a break from his carnivore lifestyle. I have to come up with some creative recipes to keep him interested in my meatless Monday’s. So this week I made some spicy black bean burgers. I actually made them twice this week because they were that good. I made my Quick Bread & Butter Pickles to top these off and it was so delicious! If you would like to read more on Meatless Monday’s head to www.meatlessmonday.com. Let’s get started with these burgers!
- 2 cans Black Beans, drained (do not rinse)
- 1 cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/2 white onion, grated
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 tablespoons Hot Sauce (or more for more heat)
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Quick Bread & Butter Pickles (recipe here)
- Hamburger Buns
- In a medium bowl mix together drained black beans (do not rinse, you want the moisture left on the drained beans), breadcrumbs, onion, egg, chili powder, garlic powder, salt & pepper, and hot sauce until well combined. Form into desired patty sizes.
- Heat a medium pan over medium high heat, spray with cooking spray. Place the patties in the pan and cook 5-7 minutes per side.
- Add patty to hamburger buns and top with pickles or your favorite toppings.
Click the “Follow” button in the lower right hand corner of this page to receive updates on all my recipes.