With easter coming up I wanted to make some traditional appetizers but spice up the flavors. Deviled eggs is such a simple appetizer to make for holidays and parties. And adding a few extra ingredients changes the whole flavor of them! In the best way possible! These are perfect for the whole family. The jalapeños have been de-seeded so they aren’t spicy, which is great for kids. I did slice up a jalapeño to top a few of them to add a spicy kick for those who love spicy food (which I do).
- 12 eggs, hard boiled and peeled.
- 2 Jalapeños, seeded and chopped.
- 4 pieces of crispy cooked bacon, chopped.
- 1 cup mayo.
- 2 tablespoons mustard.
- 3/4 teaspoon ground mustard.
- 1/2 tablespoon garlic powder.
- 1 1/2 teaspoon rice vinegar.
- Salt & Pepper to taste.
- Cut hard boiled in half, lengthwise. Remove yolks and place them in a medium sized bowl.
- Mash the yolks with a fork. Add mayo, mustard, ground mustard, garlic powder, vinegar, salt, pepper, bacon, and jalapeños.
- Mix until well combined.
- Spoon mixture into eggs (I like to place the mixture into a ziplock bag and cut the corner to fill the eggs, much cleaner and easier). Top with sliced jalapeños, bacon and sprinkle with paprika.
- Enjoy! 🙂
Click the “Follow” button in the lower right hand corner of this page for updates on my recipes!