The worst part about winter is the lack of grilling and barbecuing. The snow and cold is bad too I suppose. 😉 Winter has its perks though. Cooking in the crockpot is my favorite. Its so simple to make a meal. And it takes minimal effort. I’ll cook these sliders when I’m having company over or when my husband and I are just in the mood for some good BBQ! 🙂 With the Super Bowl coming up I thought this recipe would be perfect to share because it makes so much and is so easy!
- 2 lbs Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts.
- 1 1/2 cups BBQ Sauce
- 1/4 cup Zesty Italian Dressing
- 1/4 cup Brown Sugar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Cayenne Pepper
- 1 tablespoon Honey (optional)
- Kings Hawaiian Rolls (or your favorite roll)
- Season Chicken breast with salt, pepper, and cayenne pepper and place in crockpot.
- In a bowl mix together bbq sauce, dressing, sugar, Worcestershire, and honey until well combined.
- Pour over chicken. Cover and cook on high 3-4 hours. Or on Low 6-8 hours.
- Remove chicken and shred using two forks. Place shredded chicken back in crockpot and cook 10-15 minutes to let chicken absorb more of the sauce.
- Serve on your favorite roll. You can top with some homemade coleslaw, cheese, or eat it plain!
Click the “Follow” button in the lower right hand corner of this page to receive updates on my recipes!