With the biggest football game of the season coming up I really wanted to come up with some new appetizers to make for Superbowl Sunday. Jalapeño poppers are always a good party food. So I wanted to add another ingredient to them to add another layer of flavor. Sausage is something that pairs really well with cream cheese I feel. You also want something that doesn’t take awhile to make when making finger foods. These are minimal effort but full of flavor!
- 6-8 whole Jalapeños, halved and de-seeded.
- 2 tablespoons Sour Cream.
- 8 oz Cream Cheese.
- 1 lb Ground Hot Sausage.
- Salt & Pepper to taste.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and lightly grease.
- In a medium skillet brown sausage. Drain excess fat.
- In a medium bowl mix Sour Cream, Cream Cheese, Sausage, and Salt & Pepper.
- Spoon mixture in Jalapeno halves until stuffed full. Place on baking sheet. Bake 10-15 minutes or until peppers are softened.
- Enjoy! 🙂
Click the “Follow” button in the lower right hand corner of this page to receive updates on my recipes!