A quick and healthy recipe that I love making is stuffed peppers. I use ground turkey with corn and black beans! It’s so simple and perfect for a week night dinner. It takes about 30-40 minutes total. Which isn’t very long for something that tastes this good!
- 1 pound ground turkey
- (1) 15 oz can black beans, rinsed
- (1) 15 oz package of frozen corn
- (1) package taco seasoning (or you may make your own if you have all the spices)
- (3) bell peppers (I use red, yellow and orange but you may use any color you like)
- Shredded Monterey Jack Cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and spray lightly with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Cut bell peppers in half and dispose of all seed then rinse. Put on baking sheet and drizzle olive oil on peppers. Cook for 15-20 minutes, or until slightly softened.
- Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan brown ground turkey.
- Add taco seasoning and 3/4 cup water. Simmer until thickened.
- Add black beans and corn and cook on medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Take bell peppers out of the oven and stuff with meat and vegetable mixture. Sprinkle top with cheese and cook in oven 10-15 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Let cool before serving.
- Enjoy! 🙂
Don’t forget to click the “Follow” button in the lower right hand corner of this page.