It’s a chilly day here in Chicagoland so what better way to warm yourself up than with some chili! This is one of my favorite recipes. Ready in 45 minutes and taste like it took you hours! You can make the seasoning yourself or use store-bought chili seasoning if you don’t have all the ingredients.
Chili Seasoning Ingredients:
- 1 Tbsp Chili Powder
- 1/4 tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 1/4 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tsp Onion Powder
- 1/4 tsp Ground Pepper
- 2 Tbsp Brown Sugar
Directions for Chili Seasoning:
- Mix all ingredients together in a small bowl. Set aside until ready to use.
- (1) 15 oz. Can of Black Beans.
- (1) 15 oz Can of Chili Beans.
- (2) 15 oz. Cans of Tomato Sauce.
- 1 lb Ground Beef. (Ground turkey would work well also!)
You may also add corn to this recipe if you would like to! 🙂
- In a large pot, over medium-high heat, brown ground beef. and drain fat.
- Once beef is cooked and drained mix in chili seasoning, beans and tomato sauce. And stir until well combined.
- Bring to a boil and then cover and let simmer for 15-20 minutes. Stirring occasionally.
- Top with your favorite cheese, onions, sour cream or crackers and Enjoy! 🙂
Don’t forget to follow our blog to receive updates on our posts by clicking the “follow” button in the lower right hand corner of this page!
And follow us on Twitter and Instagram @ blushandbasil