Who doesn’t love a good lasagna? Lasagna is a great meal to cook when having a large group of people over or, just when you need some comfort food. When you think of lasagna however, you think of the long process it usually takes. The cooking of the noodles, prepping the cheese mixture, layering it all together and then cooking it. I found that using oven ready pasta (no boil) it cuts the time by at least 15 or 20 minutes. And who doesn’t need an extra 20 minutes of free time? Check out the recipe below and let us know what you think!
- (1) box no boil lasagna pasta.
- (2) eggs.
- (1) 15 oz container ricotta cheese.
- (3) cups shredded mozzarella cheese.
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese.
- 1 lb. ground hot seasoned sausage (you can use regular sausage or ground beef), browned
- 28 ounces of pasta sauce
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine sauce and browned meat.
- In a medium bowl lightly beat eggs.
- Add ricotta cheese, 2 cups of the mozzarella cheese and parmesan cheese to eggs. Mix until well combined.
- In a 9×13 baking dish spread a thin layer of sauce on the bottom.
- Layer (in order) 3-4 uncooked lasagna noodles, then layer ricotta cheese mixture, sauce and then sprinkle shredded mozzarella on top.
- Repeat layering.
- For the top layer uncooked noodles, remaining sauce and remain mozzarella cheese. Sprinkle a little parmesan on top.
- Cover with foil and bake for 55-60 minutes.
- Uncover and cook for an additional 5 minutes (or until cheese is melted)
- Let stand 15-20 minutes before serving.
If you enjoy our posts please click the follow button on the button in the lower right-hand corner of this page! It would mean so much to us ❤
Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter & Instagram @ blushandbasil to get updates on our posts.
Also, share us with a friend! 🙂